Mah first born baby boy turned twenty one today. TWENTY ONE. Of course you understand I had him when I was but a child myself *hahem*.
Now he says, he’s officially an adult (measured in the legal in Vegas “tape measure” Chris uses.)
Last year when he turned twenty I wrote a long sappy post about the day he was born. Not liking to post the same type of thing twice I give you 21 facts about Christopher.
- Was fascinated by lights as a baby, any kind of light but especially the Christmas kind.
- Didn’t suck his thumb but had soothers or “Soosies” as they were called, he often had TWO at a time in his mouth and couldn’t sleep without them.
- Would only eat orange baby food; carrots, squash etc.
- Turned orange from eating only orange baby food (who knew that could happen!)
- Cried at the sound of ripping wrapping paper at his first birthday.
- Figured out how to escape his crib by first throwing ALL of his stuffed animals in anger at his bedroom door (eyes first so we’d hear them hit) and then surf the hamper at the end of his crib down on top of them.
- When he crawled he used to love to drag his forehead on the carpet, he actually had a callous from that.
- Was terrified of Santa until he figured out he gave presents.
- Wanted to be a Fireman and had tons of Fire Trucks.
- When he learned to talk he pronounced the letters TR as F… which made him screaming out Fire Truck on the street when one went by us… oooh a tad embarrassing.
- Played video games from the age of two. Kicked BOTH his Father’s and my Ass at Super Mario on the original NES game.
- Locked himself in a hotel bathroom when he was three and threw a bunch of stuff from my toiletry bag into the toilet to see what floated and what sank INCLUDING my birth control pills.
- Had every teacher in elementary school up to grade 7 wrapped around his charming little fingers.
- Was SO proud when he was allowed to go get his own cone from his Dairy Queen kids meal at the mall food fair, but kept looking back at me to make sure I was still within eyesight.
- Babysat his Brother when he got old enough and was INCREDIBLY responsible.
- Did his homework Sunday nights at 8:00 pm after insisting that he didn’t really have any.
- Turned all that around and buckled down to Graduate and even got top of his class in Communications.
- Looked so handsome in his cap and gown.
- Is a good hard worker who gets compliments on a job well done.
- Is now drivin’ his own set of wheels.
- Loves his Family.